Striving for bright, glowing, radiant skin can be difficult in hotter climates like Nevada and Arizona but some of us unfortunately battle some degree of hyperpigmentation and it doesn’t matter where we live. It is not a skin type, rather a common condition brought on by many factors ranging from medications to sun exposure to hormonal changes and acne or trauma.
Hyperpigmentation can occur in any skin type – oily, dry, dark and light. Simply put, it is excessive stimulation of melanin in the skin that results in uneven, darkened skin tone. Excessive melanin production can occur from systemic (within the body) and extrinsic (outside) causes.
Luckily pigmented skin responds well to peels and lightening treatments. One protocol that works particularly well with most skins and provides an easy, quick approach to pigment reduction is The Melanin Lift. It’s a mid depth peel – meaning the skin will feel like a sunburn and start peeling and flaking at day two. Full recovery is about four to six days.
There are several different types of pigment changes that occur in the skin, but this particular treatment focuses on hyperpigmentation. It works best for skin types with hyperpigmentation that fall under the Fitzpatrick I to Fitzpatrick IV classifications.
The Fitzpatrick classification is a useful general guideline that advanced aestheticians use as a means to calibrate the skin’s responses to sun exposure with how one might respond to chemical peels and their risk of hyperpigmentation.
- Fitzpatrick I – skin that never tans and always burns – white skin
- Fitzpatrick II – tans with difficulty, usually burns – white skin
- Fitzpatrick III average tanning, sometimes burns – white skin
- Fitzpatrick IV – Easily tans, rarely burns – moderate brown skin
- Fitzpatrick V – very easy to tan, very rarely burns – hispanic, latin, african, asian, indian
- Fitzpatrick VI – never burns – black
I believe that any skin can burn and any skin can develop hyperpigmentation due to estrogen intake, the use of certain medications, sun damage, post inflammation from chemical peels. So it’s critical to observe the skin and observe responses and proceed with caution when applying any skin peel.
WHY DOES THE MELANIN LIFT WORK WELL WITH HYPERPIGMENTATED SKIN? Because It incorporates a number of natural and scientifically advanced ingredients that specifically address melanin issues, including:
- Bellis Perennis Flower (Daisy Flower) – a gentle, natural brightener derived from daisies.
- L-Arbutin – a natural plant-based derivative of hydroquinone (HQ) with tyrosinase abilities. Since it is typically more stable and less sensitizing than HQ it’s a great alternative for those with sensitivities.
- Kojic Acid – derived from Japanese mushrooms, it works to effectively inhibit melanin synthesis.
- L-Lactic Acid – this keratoyltic AHA has natural brightening abilities, works to smooth skin and improve texture.
- Azelaic Acid – a grain- and yeast-derived compound, it helps normalize disordered cell growth, provides antioxidant and anti-inflammatory support, and helps effectively treat acne-related post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
The formulas in this treatment utilize these ingredients as well as other brightening and skin-building ingredients. The prep begins with the Skin Brightening Cleanser, followed by the Brightening Scrub massaged into the skin. Fruit Acid Botanical is then applied to begin the regeneration process.
A 10% TCA/AHA follows to further breakdown dead surface cells, increase regeneration, soften fine lines, reduce hyperpigmentation, and improve skin tone. The Melanin Suppressant further aids in suppressing melanin and provides support to minimize post-inflammatory hyperpigmenation. The treatment finishes with an application of the Vitamin A+ Peptide Peel to improve uneven pigmentation and produce radiant skin. The peptide action in the formula helps rebuild the skin.
Following the treatment clients can expect a more even skin tone, with discolorations significantly lightened, improved texture, smooth fine lines, and clearer more radiant skin. Keep in mind with any skin peel, home maintenance is a must. Proper skin protection and growth factors can determine the success of the peel. At NAKED you can always depend on support and care after any skin treatment or peel.
Brazilian Body Waxing, Skin Correction, Male Grooming, Men’s Waxing, Transgender Waxing, Male Brazilians, Female Brazilians, Skin Peels, Facials, Acne Treatments, Hyperpigmentated Skin, Oily Skin, Dry Skin, Aging Skin, Specializing in clinical Skincare and Dermaplaning