This essential oil gained a lot of notoriety in the 60′s and 70′s when hippies began using it to cover the smell of marijuana. Patchouli oil is one of the oldest and most common essential oils and has been used for centuries to treat everything from acne to headaches.
Patchouli essential oil has an exotic, heavy, musky scent that is frequently used in perfumes, potpourri, incense and massage oils. The plant which produces patchouli oil is a tropical member of the lamiaceae family, distantly related to mint and lavender. The essential oil is extracted from the young, dried leaves of the patchouli plant by steam distillation. You can use the essential oil in a variety of ways, as it has many uses for the well-being of your mind, body and spirit.
- Healing Skin Those who are interested in Patchouli essential oil for its beauty benefits will be happy to know that it’s very effective at treating mild acne cases. In fact, many acne medications use a little Patchouli oil in their products to help prevent/reduce breakouts. Aside from this, Patchouli oil is used to reduce wrinkles and fine lines, and to help scars heal faster because it helps to regenerate skin cells. Many body lotions and wrinkle creams include Patchouli as a key ingredient in their formulas.
- Cold Relief Using Patchouli essential oils to reduce the symptoms of colds can be traced back to China and Malaysia; Asians have also used it to help with headaches, diarrhea, vomiting, and even snakebites. And while you may have no fear of being bitten by snakes anytime soon, a little Patchouli could be the solution you need to overcome a common cold.
- Emotional Are you stressed out or severely depressed? If so, you might want to try using Patchouli oil to help calm your emotions and sooth your soul. It’s said that Patchouli is also very effective at centering people who tend to daydream or get lost within their imagination. With all of its calming and tranquil properties, it’s no wonder why hippies became so attached to Patchouli!
- Repels Insects The strong scent of patchouli oil naturally repels insects. In Victorian times, traders packed dried patchouli leaves with shawls and other clothing they exported from India to England to protect them from moths. According to to Alternative Home Remedies, patchouli oil also repels mosquitoes, ants and cockroaches.
- Aids Digestion and Effective Diuretic patchouli helps to remove harmful toxins from the body, which helps to lower blood pressure and cholesterol and may promote weight loss, according to Alternative Home Remedies. Traditionally, patchouli has served as a tonic to support the digestive system and soothe queasiness. Alternative Home Remedies adds that it helps your body break down food and absorb nutrients.
If you’re going to buy Patchouli essential oils, it’s important to make sure that you’re getting top-quality. After all, some stores do sell chemical-based products under the false pretense. The best place to purchase oils and herbs in Las Vegas is Herbally Grounded on Decatur and Charleston. They have their own house oils, brand oils, quality herbs you can puchase by ounces and even classes you can take.
Specializing in professional clincal skincare including Dermaplaning, Brazilian Body Waxing, Bikini Waxes, Skin Correction, Male Grooming, Men’s Waxing, Transgender Waxing, Male Brazilians, Female Brazilians, Skin Peels, Facials, Acne Treatments, Hyperpigmentated Skin, Oily Skin, Dry Skin, Aging Skin, For 90 Actual Client Reviews Click Here